CFML News for May 7th, 2019
We discuss the new Modernize or Die Podcasts and a Recap of Into the Box 2019. We also discuss the upcoming Adobe Roadshow Breakfast series, and Adobe's CF Summit Conference in Las Vegas in October, including the new ColdFusion Specialist Certificate Program. We discuss CF Camp and the Call for Papers so you can speak at CF Camp. We spotlight a blog post from Matt Clemente discussing Into the Box, and Michael Born's blog post on Higher Order functions. We finish the podcast with our ForgeBox module of the Week CFConfig and our VS Code Hint Tip and Trick of the week - the Command/CTRL P quick search for files and functions/symbols.
- Gavin Pickin - Software Consultant for Ortus Solutions
- Andrew Davis - Senior Developer for InLeague LLC
News and Events
Modernize or Die Podcasts
- Soapbox edition will be longer more interview based, with community members discussing tools, frameworks, best practices, lessons learned and other big deals in the CFML community
- CFML News edition - this one will be shorter, relaxed, giving you everything you need to know to keep up with the news in the CFML Community, including cool blog posts, tweets and videos, ForgeBox module of the week, and the VS Code Hint Tip and Trick of the week.
- These will be available in itunes very soon, and on the ModernizeOrDie.io website when we roll that out.
- We’re planning to do the CFML Weekly on Tuesdays ( possibly live ) and the Soapbox edition will be released on Thursdays.
Into the Box 2019
- 6 well attended workshops the day prior to the main conference
We had approx 70% of the attendees attending or presenting or helping with the workshops.
- 2 Ortus Keynotes since we have so many products, we needed two keynotes, and we still ran over time. These were live streamed, and those who were not at INTO THE BOX enjoyed watching from afar.
- 2 days with 2 tracks, resulting in 28 amazing sessions from 8 Ortus Team Members and 15 community speakers
- We upped our Audio Video game this year, purchasing a lot of new equipment, including a big mixer. Brad was in heaven playing with that. We will be editing the videos as fast as we can, and those will be available for purchase very soon.
- Happy Box was a huge hit as usual, great food, open bar, and the Mariachi band delivered. We had several Ortus and Community members even join the band and sing a few songs. We might have to release a Happy Box video to show off those pipes.
- At HappyBox we even took a little time to sneak in our first episode of the Modernize of Die - CFML News Edition. We live streamed on Twitter and will be releasing the podcast onto iTunes soon,and Youtube as well.
- May 8th - Austin Breakfast Meet
- May 9th - Dallas Breakfast Meet
- May 23rd - Orange County Breakfast Meet
Adobe CF Summit
- Las Vegas at the Mirage October 1-2
- Biggest CFML Conference of the Year - 500+ people
- Great Adobe Party
- Register Now - Early bird only $99 - https://cfsummit.adobeevents.com/
- Call for Speakers now open - submit before the 26th of May - https://cfsummit.adobeevents.com/speaker-application/
- ^^I might need to chew on that a while. 🤣
Adobe ColdFusion Specialist Certificate Program
The Adobe ColdFusion Specialist is a full-day certificate classroom program, delivered by top Adobe ColdFusion experts. You will be enrolled into the course as soon as you register and will receive course instructions and prep materials two weeks prior to the on-site program date. Following the training you will complete an online assessment – upon successful completion, you will receive your Adobe ColdFusion Specialist certificate.
Deadline is July 7th
Blogs, Tweets and Videos of the Week
Blog - Using ArraySome and ArrayEvery Higher-Order Functions in Lucee
Discussed what is a Higher Order Function, what is a Lambda, and how to use a couple of them in Lucee, like the ArraySome and ArrayEvery.
ForgeBox Module of the Week
Description: A CLI library for importing, exporting, transferring, and otherwise managing CF engine configuration.
It’s great for quickly finding files and even variables or functions in your site, its quick and easy, and once you know about it, your life will be much easier.
Music from this podcast used under Royalty Free license from SoundDotCom and BlueTreeAudio© 2019 Ortus Solutions